Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Have a seat

It's no secret that I'm a huge movie fan. If we're lucky enough to afford a bigger house, I would like to devote one room as a theater room. I'm not a fan of big, poufy, lazy-boy chairs sitting in the middle of our common living spaces, but I'm all for having big, poufy, leather entertainment chairs sitting in a secluded, darken theater room. Yes, I'm a anti-man chair kind of person. 

But what would I like sitting in the common spaces of our house? Vintage movie theater seats. 


Vintage theater seats

Vintage theater seats

These seats are similar to kilim rugs - the old world charm mixes well with the modern decor. 

Vintage theater seats


Vintage theater seats

You can practically place these seats anywhere in your home and it would blend in nicely with it's surroundings.

They may not be the most comfortable things to sit on, but then again if you want comfort than feel free to get one of those big, poufy, lazy-boy chairs to place your Big Gulp and bag of popcorn on and I'll join you in a darken theater room.    

(photos via here, here, here)

2 comments:

  1. I love old movie theater chairs too! Would be nice to own a couple but I have no idea where I'd find the room in my house also!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can use it for your dining room table. I think if I had some, I would find space for it. I remember seeing some at that old antique store by your place (which became a bike shop later on) and dreaming about buying it when I got my own "bachelorette" loft...ahhh, memories and dreams!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...